Re: how to change dimension name

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Dec 13 2013 - 09:49:50 MST

On Dec 12, 2013, at 1:03 PM, 朱学明 <557xiaozhu@163.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
> Anyone knows how can I change a nc file's dimension name?

Use the "!" symbol.

For example, if you read variable "T" off a NetCDF (or HDF, GRIB) file, and it has dimension names "TIME", "LATITUDE", and "LONGITUDE" (in that order), you can change them with:

T!0 = "time"
T!1 = "lat"
T!2 = "lon"

For more information, see the NCL Reference Manual:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Ref_Manual/NclVariables.shtml#Dimensions

--Mary