Re: mixed layer depth ...

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Dec 30 2013 - 05:38:26 MST

Hopefully, other NCL users can contribute.

=======================================

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/mixed_layer_depth.shtml

Since it uses a variable 'kmt'

        kmt = f->KMT

         int KMT(nlat, nlon) ;
               KMT:long_name = "k Index of Deepest Grid Cell on T Grid" ;
               KMT:coordinates = "TLONG TLAT" ;
               KMT:missing_value = -2147483647 ;

I speculate that it is POP model specific.

----
fortran code attached. It is not well documented.
This is still a holoday period here. However, we will track
down the source of the original code. Maybe they have ideas.
----
Good luck