Re: problem while running ng4ex gsun01n -clean

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Dec 20 2013 - 09:32:52 MST

For some reason, your DISPLAY environment variable, which is needed any time you run any X11 application that displays something to your screen, is not set.

This should be getting set automatically by your Mac. I know this happens on my system. It might look something like this:

 /tmp/launch-31NZS8/org.macosforge.xquartz:0

Do you have XQuartz installed on your system?

You might want to google this issue. It could be something to do with running an xterm versus a Terminal app. It works fine for me in either case.

--Mary