Re: Example data for NCL GETools

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Apr 07 2014 - 16:29:29 MDT

Hi Ryan,
I looked at the interface code for rgba2png. The interface appears to be the following:

procedure rgba2png(png_output_file_name : string, Red : uint, Green : uint, Blue : uint, Alpha : uint, Width [1] : uint, Height [1] : uint, nFrames [1] : uint)

Red, Green, Blue, Alpha all need to be the same dimensionality and dimension sizes, and must be at least 2D, but no limit to the number of left hand dimensions.

width is the dimension size of the rightmost dimension.
height is the next dimension to the left.
nFrames should be less than or equal to the product of the remaining dimension sizes.

I am not sure why these last three arguments are necessary -- it seems that they could all be determined from the RGBA variables.
 -dave