mulitple labels on one legend

From: Matt Fearon (matthew.fearon AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 10:14:42 MDT

    Dear NCL users:

    I would like to have 3 labels for a particular legend item.
    I have the arrays created to do this. However, I have only
    been successful in creating one label for a particular legend item.
    I have attached my legend resources below. Any advice
    on how I can add additional labels would be greatly appreciated.

     res1@pmLegendDisplayMode = "Always" .
     res1@pmLegendZone = 0
     res1@pmLegendOrthogonalPosF = 0.60
     res1@lgJustification = "BottomRight"
     res1@pmLegendWidthF = 0.17
     res1@pmLegendHeightF = 0.16
     res1@pmLegendSide = "Top"
     res1@lgPerimOn = False
     res1@lgItemPlacement = "UniformPlacement"
     res1@xyDashPatterns = (/0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0/)
     res1@xyLineThicknesses = (/1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1/)

     res1@xyExplicitLegendLabels = s_obstnid(istart:iend)
    ; res1@xyExplicitLegendLabels = s_oblat(istart:iend)

    I am plotting 8 lines on a xy plot. This code above creates
    a legend describing the 8 lines. The array s_obstnid labels
    each of the 8 lines in the legend. However, I would like to add
    two more sets of labels here.

    Thanks in advance for suggestions,

    Matt