Re: flex error: bad character: %

From: Jan Ploski <Jan.Ploski_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 17:24:26 +0100

Mary Haley wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> What kind of system is this on, and do you have a system "flex" that you
> can use instead? I checked the version of flex on three different
> systems that we have, and they are all running a slightly newer version,
> 3.5.4. Perhaps you could try this one.

According to the following Sourceforge page:

2.5.34 is the newest version, which is what I downloaded and compiled.
Where can I get 3.5.4? No RPM version of flex is installed and I am not
the administrator on the target system. It is running Scientific Linux 4.4.

Are you saying that the file ncl.l translates without problems for you
and has the same content as mine? I suspected that this may be a
generated file and something might have gone wrong during its
generation. I don't know the flex syntax, so I couldn't tell by looking.

Best regards,
Jan Ploski