Re: [ncl-talk] problems installing NCL in ubuntu 7.10

From: Erik Noble <enoble_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:15:58 -0400

Hi Rosa,
I was successful with installing NCL on Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon - its what
I use now ;-).
I'm only mass replying to the
<>list since this is an "install" question.

Did you install gfortran? Try this.
sudo apt-get install gcc, g++, gfortran

I'm sure you also have typed these commands already before installing ncl:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

If you put ncl in your /usr/local file, set your paths, and put your
.hluresfile in /,
you should be able run NCL just fine.

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Rosa N. dos Santos <>