Prolblem installing NCL with ifort+icc

From: Fabrizio Cucco <fabrizio.cucco_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:02:55 +0200

Hi

I'm writing because I have a problem installing Ncl\Ncarg library.I'm on
Intel core 2 quad CPU (Q6600 2,40GHz) with 4 Gb ram , using Intel compilers
ifort + icc.
After I've set this few environment setting

export CC=icc
export FC=ifort
export F90=ifort
export F77=ifort
export CXX=icpc

 I've installed HDF4 using the script

./configure --with-zlib=/usr/include --with-jpeg=/usr/lib64
–prefix=/home/WRF/GraphicUtility/HDF4

and I've used the rest of the other necessary libraries
(X11,zlib,jpeg,jasper and g2clib) the ones that gives me Fedpra core 8 (the
OS I use).I've checked the version of this libraries and all the versions
are compatibile with the version that requires Ncl.

Then I've tested my Fortran compiler if it can handle block data and it is
OK.

I've modified the LINUX config file in this way:

 #define HdfDefines -DLINUX

#define StdDefines -DSYSV -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -DByteSwapped

#define ByteSwapped

#define Cstatic

#define Cdynamic

#define CppCommand '/usr/bin/cpp -traditional'

#define CCompiler icc -mp

#define FCompiler ifort -mp -Vaxlib

#define CtoFLibraries -lCEPCF90 -lF90 -lm -lifcore
"-L/opt/intel/fce/10.1.013/lib"

#define CcOptions -ansi

#define XToolLibrary -lXt -lSM -lICE

#define BuildShared NO

#define XLibrary -lXpm -lX11 -lXext

 #define ArchRecLibSearch -L/usr/lib64 -L/home/WRF/GraphicUtility/HDF4/lib

#define ArchRecIncSearch -I/usr/include
-I/home/WRF/GraphicUtility/HDF4/include

 where I've added many script used by LINUX_INTEL_file and I've added the
path to the HDF4 files needed.

 Then I've launched

 ./Configure -v

 make Everything >& everything.txt

 and I receive many errors.Many of that are resolved by the hints and by the
Troubleshooting and known
problems<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml#Troubleshooting>
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml#Troubleshooting>in
the ncl site.I ve get also a problem with the file nclhdf.c that I've fixed
with the patch I've found in this link

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-commits/2008-February/msg11504.html

 But now I've get the last and only error in the file nclnetcdf.c file

 NclNetCdf.c(738): error: identifier "NC_64BIT_OFFSET" is undefined

mode = (NC_NOCLOBBER|NC_64BIT_OFFSET);

^

 compilation aborted for NclNetCdf.c (code 2)

make[4]: *** [NclNetCdf.o] Error 2

 And the building of ncl/ncarg going failure.

 How can I resolve this problem?

If you need some other log file I can send it to you.

Thank You so much.

Have a nice day

 Cucco Fabrizio

Ancona University