Re: Prolblem installing NCL with ifort+icc

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:38:02 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Cucco,

I'm taking a wild guess here, but the error about "NC_64BIT_OFFSET"
being undefined leads me to believe that maybe your HDF include files
were not installed to an "hdf" subdirectory, and hence they might have
clobbered the NetCDF version of the "netcdf.h" include file.

Please see the HDF4 build instructions and pay special note to the
"--includedir" option that is required:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml#HDF-4

From your ./configure line below, I didn't see "--includedir". This is
necessary because HDF4 has its own version of the "netcdf.h" include
file, which will clobber NetCDF's version of this include file. The
NetCDF version of the file is the one you want, and it's the one with
NC_64BIT_OFFSET defined.

    [As a side, I'm not sure your --with-zlib and --with-jpeg settings
     are correct. These should be set to the root of where the zlib and
     jpeg software is installed For example, if "libz.a" is in /usr/lib
     and "zlib.h" is in /usr/include, then "--with-zlib" should be set
     to "/usr". Same for the jpeg software.]

Try rebuilding and reinstalling HDF4, but be sure to use
"--includedir=/home/WRF/GraphicUtility/HDF4/include/hdf" on the
"./configure" line (also be sure to run "make distclean" before you
run "./configure")

Then, reinstall NetCDF, to make sure that the NetCDF "netcdf.h"
file gets installed, and that it has NC_64BIT_OFFSET defined.

You can then restart the build with:

    cd $NCARG
    make all install >& make-output.2 &

--Mary