Re: NCL 5.1.0 and libcurl

From: Mateus Teixeira <mateus.teixeira_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 00:18:18 -0300

Hi David,

Thanks for your suggestion, now NCL doesn't complains about any library, but
I would like to know if the example given in

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/opendap.shtml

really works? Is the internet address correct?

NCL gives the following answer when I try to access the file shown in that
example:

ncl 0> url = "http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/nph-nc/Datasets/"
ncl 1> filename = "ncep.reanalysis.dailyavgs/pressure/air.1948.nc"
ncl 2> f = addfile(url + filename,"r")
fatal:
fatal:Could not open (
http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/nph-nc/Datasets/ncep.reanalysis.dailyavgs/pressure/air.1948.nc
)

In order to use NCL-opendap enabled, I have installed the following packages
in my fedora 10 installation:

openssl.i686 0.9.8g-12.fc10
openssl-devel.i386 0.9.8g-12.fc10

libcurl.i386 7.19.4-3.fc10
libcurl-devel.i386 7.19.4-3.fc10

libxml2.i386 2.7.3-1.fc10
libxml2-devel.i386 2.7.3-1.fc10

libdap.i386 3.8.2-1.fc10
libdap-devel.i386 3.8.2-1.fc10

libnc-dap.i386 3.7.3-1.fc10
libnc-dap-devel.i386 3.7.3-1.fc10

zlib.i386 1.2.3-18.fc9
zlib-devel.i386 1.2.3-18.fc9

It seems that all versions of the packages needed for NCL-opendap enabled to
work are installed. I only not sure if the libcurl package installed was
build with zlib.

If the file location of that example is correct, I think that something
isn't working properly in my system. If it is the case, is it possible to
identify the source of the problem?

Thanks for the help.

Best regards,

Mateus