Re: NCL 5.1.0 and libcurl

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:03:43 -0600

Hi Mateus,

I have seen a report that suggests a pretty simple work-around:

If you have root access the most straightforward thing to do is to
create the following symbolic link:
ln -s /usr/lib/libcurl.so /usr/lib/libcurl.so.3

This is assuming that your existing libcurl is in /usr/lib/.

/usr/lib/libcurl.so is usually itself a symbolic link to the current
version of libcurl.

If you don't have root access or you don't want to modify the system
library directories at all, then another option would be to
create the symbolic link in your own directory space, e.g.

ln -s /usr/lib/libcurl.so <my-directory-path>/libcurl.so.3

you would then need to add <my-directory-path> to LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

(using csh): setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH <my-directory-path>:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

If this does not work, let us know. The other alternative is to
actually install a copy of libcurl.so.3, but it has other
dependencies that
make it a somewhat painful process.
  -dave