Re: question concerning installation of NCL 5.1.1 64-bit binary for x86_64 chips for LINUX (compiled with gcc 3.3.0)

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 16:01:09 -0600

Hi Sean,

It sounds like you may not have downloaded the correct binary for
your system.

What does "uname -a" report? If it says "x86_64" somewhere in the
output,
and you indeed have gcc V3.3.x, then the binary you want is:

ncl_ncarg-5.1.1.Linux_x86_64_gcc330.tar

If "uname -a" says something like "i686" then you want one of the
i686 binaries.

--Mary