question concerning installation of NCL 5.1.1 64-bit binary for x86_64 chips for LINUX (compiled with gcc 3.3.0)

From: <sb792726_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 18:38:31 -0400 (EDT)

Mary,

Thanks for your help. I did used the "uname -a" command and found out that
i downloaded to wrong version so i downloaded one of the i686 binaries.
However an additional problem arose. When i tried to run it i recieved a
message of:

Processing file: narr-a_221_19970611_2100_000_1000mb.grb...
ncl: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open

i believe this is because im running such an old form of fedora that my
compilers and libraries are all out of data. If you could provide any
additional information regarding this problem i would greatly appreciate
it. Thanks agian.

-Sean