Re: help

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:27:02 -0600

Are you actually running a Cygwin/X session, and not just a Cygwin
session? You will see an icon with an "X" if you
are running Cygwin/X.

You need to make sure when you installed Cygwin/X, that you asked for
the X11 server apps. Cygwin changes their
"setup" program often enough that I'm not sure what the menu items
are any more. You can go to:

http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/setup-cygwin-x-installing.html

for instructions.

You should end up with a "startxwin.bat" file in your /usr/bin
directory once you're done, and this is the thing
you want to run to get a Cygwin/X session going. See:

http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using.html

for instructions on this.

--Mary