problem of installing ncl (without ncl executable)

From: Xuguang Sun <sunxg007_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Nov 15 2009 - 00:26:29 MST

I tried to install the NCL software in my system according to the guide in the website http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml

Everything seems ok during the installation, and finally message shows the installation is finished. But when I checked the $NCARG_ROOT/bin, there is no ncl executable in that directory, but there are some other ncl executables, I don't know whether my installation is successful or not, and why there is no ncl executable.

The following are the executables in the bin directory after I installed NetCDF, hdf5, ncl and other libs.

ConvertMapData ezmapdemo h5copy h5redeploy ncargcc ncarlogo2ps ng4ex pswhite
WRAPIT fcaps h5debug h5repack ncargex ncarvversion nhlcc pwritxnt
WriteLineFile findg h5diff h5repart ncargf77 ncdump nhlf77 rdjpgcom
WriteNameFile fontc h5dump h5stat ncargf90 ncgen nhlf90 scrip_check_input
WritePlotcharData gcaps h5import h5unjam ncargfile ncgm2cgm nnalg tdpackdemo
cgm2ncgm gif2h5 h5jam idt ncargpath ncgmstat pre2ncgm tgks0a
cjpeg graphc h5ls jpegtran ncargrun ncl_convert2nc pre2ncgm.prog tlocal
ctlib h52gif h5mkgrp med ncargversion ncl_filedump psblack wrapit77
djpeg h5cc h5perf_serial nc-config ncargworld ncl_grib2nc psplit wrjpgcom

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Xuguang