Re: Cross-compiling problems

From: Sourish Basu <sbasu_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Feb 09 2010 - 09:59:35 MST
Hi Luis,

    Just to elaborate, if you're using Apple's gcc and macports, then you need to rebuild all your libraries with the 'universal' variant set. If you're using fink, I'm not sure what you should do to build universal binaries, or if it is possible (only apple's compilers accept the combination of '-arch' flags necessary).

    If you're not using Apple's gcc, then you should use '-m32' to (re)build all your libraries (for Apple's gcc, it is '-arch i386').

    One more thing: to cross-compile, you may need to install the gcc-multilib package (again, for macports; not sure about fink).

-Sourish

Mary Haley wrote:
Luis,

Your MacOS 10.6 system is probably trying to compile in 64-bit mode,
and yes, you won't be able to cross compile against a MacOS 10.4 or
10.5 32-bit build.

You can try adding -m32 to your build, but I'm not positive it will
work, as I don't know if you have all the necessary 32-bit libraries
installed on your system.

Please give this a try and let me know if it doesn't work.

--Mary