Re: (no subject)

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jun 24 2011 - 15:00:18 MDT

Hi Moti,

You should be able to use your own compile to compiler and link and
NCAR Graphics program, but there are probably some gfortran
dependencies, and thus you will need to link in "-lgfortran".

You have the compile line that was echoed from running "ncargex
cpex08", so try taking that compile line, adding your own compiler,
and adding -lgfortran at the end:

       pgfortran -fPIC -fno-second-underscore -O -o cpex08 cpexcc.f
cpex08.f -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lncarg -lncarg_gks -
lncarg_c -lX11 -lXext

This is probably not going to work on the first try, though, because
"gfortran" doesn't appear to be installed on your system. Hence
"libgfortran.so", which is what "-lgfortran" is going to cause your
compiler to look for, is probably not available either.

You have two choices from here: you can try to install the same
version of gfortran that was used to build this binary (gfortran
4.1.2), or you can build NCAR Graphics/NCL from scratch yourself from
the source code, using your own compilers. The former choice is much
easier!

If you only plan to use NCL, and not write your own NCAR Graphics
programs, then really, it's not important that you get this stuff to
work. "ncl" should work just fine on your system as is.

--Mary