Re: (no subject)

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Nov 21 2011 - 11:41:55 MST

Hi John,

The NCL developers are are not the ones who maintain this particular version of NCARG/NCL, so we are unable to help with this problem.

I just tried to get to the URL listed below, but it doesn't seem to exist. Is it possible that this version of NCARG/NCL is not available via macports any more?

You can download a precompiled binary for Snow Leopard from

http://www.earthsystemgrid.org/home.htm

Follow the links:

NCL: NCAR Command Language -> NCL Version 6.0.0 -> NCL Version 6.0.0 precompiled binaries, not OPeNDAP-enabled -> Download Files

At this point, if you don't have an ESG login, you should create one from the "Create an account" link on this page.

Then, click on the "Accept this license" button, and you will see a list of binaries. You can download this one:

ncl_ncarg-6.0.0.MacOS_10.6_64bit_nodap_gcc421.tar.gz

Instructions for installing from a precompiled binary can be found at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install.shtml

Good luck,

--Mary