Re: [ncl-talk] NCL Ncargf77 error for Cygwin

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Aug 14 2011 - 20:57:42 MDT

Hi Marzuki,

In your original message, you included the output from the compile line, and unless I'm missing something, you didn't include the actuall error message.

What was the error message after you typed:

  ncargf77 event.f

By the way, editing "ncargf77" and setting:

set fortran = "ncargf77"

will not work. "fortran" needs to be set to a Fortran compiler, like "gfortran" or "g95".

Do you have "gfortran" installed on your Cygwin system? If not, you will need to do this
via your "setup.exe" that you used to install X/Cygwin.

Please go to:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/cygwin.shtml#InstallCygwinX

and carefully read about all the software you need to install when you run "setup.exe". You should find the "gfortran" compiler under the category "Devel".

--Mary