Regarding converting ASCII file to netcdf file

From: Madhavan BL <blmadhavan_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Oct 19 2012 - 11:05:28 MDT

Dear All,

Greetings. I am completely new to NCL and would like to know whether NCL
can provide solution to my problem in converting ASCII data file to netCDF
file.

I have an ASCII data file as the attached one. The columns are [date, time,
longitude, latitude, var1, var2, var3, var4] in the grid box extending from
23 deg N to 10 deg S. Also, I want to re-grid the data to 1 deg X 1 deg
format so that I will have 34*72 pixel data. I have tried to see the
possibility in CDO, ferret etc., but could not find solution to my problem.
Do you have any suggestions or comments to my problem?

Looking for your response,

Thanks in advance,
Madhavan

--