ncl in cygwin/X

From: Wang, Tongli <tlwang_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Sep 03 2013 - 16:07:25 MDT

Hi there,

I installed Cygwin/x (version: 2.189 (64-bit)) and ncl following the instruction at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/cygwin.shtml

Everything went through smoothly. However, when test ncl by

ncl -V

It does not show "6.1.2" as expected. It does not show any error message either. It simply came back to UNIX prompt.

I reinstall the whole thing on a different directory, it ended up the same. I could not figure out what went wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tongli