natgrids routine question

From: Matt Fearon (matthew.fearon@XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 16:28:21 MST

Dear NCL users:

I am working with model output that is on a rotated lat/lon
grid. In order view the output of a particular variable
on a normal rectangular grid, I am have using the lat/lon
values for each grid point and the natgrids routine to
regrid the rotated data. This working great so far.
However, the grid I am working with is 145 x 145 and
this process can take a few minutes to do, especially
when working with multiple variables and levels. This
brings up my question.

I was wondering if the natgrid routine is applied to one
variable, can the interpolation adjustment computed at
each grid point be applied to another variable ? I was
wondering if there is way export the interpolation factors
at each grid point to a file ? If I could retrieve the
interpolation adjustments at each point, I could then
apply them to my original lat/lon values at each point.
I would just like to be able to do this so I could store
my data regridded and not have to use natgrid each
time I plot a variable.

Sorry if my wording is confusing. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Matt Fearon