Re: axis label control using gsn_csm_contour_map

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 09:15:13 MDT

> Dear NCL users:
>
> I am having trouble controling the display of longitude labels on a
> map for data I plot. I had this trouble before and I was able to
> remedy it by setting tickmark resources. I have recently upgraded
> from NCL 4.2.0.a014 to 4.2.0.a018 and now my troubles are back.
> Due to some other trouble I had with gsn_code.ncl and gsn_csm.ncl
> supplied in version a018, I retrieved the latest versions of these.
>
> I have attached my ncl script below. The data plots fine. However,
> I cannot control the XB labeling using tmXBTickSpacingF (note
> I have this commented out). If I try to set this resource, I receive
> the following errors;
> .
> .
> .
> Thank you,
> Matt
> matthew.fearon AT yale.edu

The gsn_csm* routines for drawing cylindrical equidistant maps and
labeling them with "nice" labels like "90E" and "60N" currently only
accept "LatLon" as a value for the mpLimitMode resource. They don't
give you an error mesasge if you try to use a different value.

Matt needed to use a value of "Corners" for mpLimitMode, so we added
this as a recognized resource value for mpLimitMode. He was able to
then set tmXBSpacingF to 1 to get a spacing of 1 degree.

These modified scripts will be available in the next minor release of
NCL, probably in a few weeks. If you need them sooner, send me email.

Cheers,

--Mary
haley AT ucar.edu