Re: addfiles clobbers variables

From: Mary Haley (haley@XXXXXX)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 11:15:48 MDT

> I have a bundle of GRIB files containing 2-d (lat/lon) data on different
> levels. I'm trying to read the data in as shown below. The problem is
> that for some reason the value of SALTY that I print as
> a diagnostic is different for each of the following three cases:
>
> [A] TMP is read in at the position shown below;
> [B] TMP is instead read after the salinity files have been opened, ie
> immediately after the comment labelled [B] below;
> [C] TMP is not read in at all.
>
> In the case of the code below, the value of the salinity point is equal to
> a temperature (deg K in my case). It appears as though there is some
> kind of clobbering of memory going on.
>
> Has anyone seen this sort of problem before, or have any suggestions?
> .
> .
> .
>
> Regards,
> - Andrew

I just wanted to let everybody know that this bug has been fixed, and
will be available in the next minor version of NCL, to be released in
a couple of weeks. Thanks to Andrew for providing us with his files
for debugging purposes.

If you need the fix now, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

For a current list of what else will be new in the next release of
NCL, go to:

   http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/whatsnew.html

--Mary