Re: NCL code for station model plots?

From: Eric M. Kemp (ekemp AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 13:33:16 MST

Following up to my earlier message... I've written some simple FORTRAN
code that calls the NCAR Graphics routine WMSTNM, and have created a
dynamic shared object file using wrapit77, nhlcc, nhlf77, and the ld
command:

ld -n32 -shared -o test_wmstnm.so test_wmstnm_W.o test_wmstnm.o
/common/ncarg-4.2.2/lib/libncarg.a

(BTW, I'm running on an IRIX -n32 SGI.) The NCL script is linked to
the .so file with an external statement, opens a workstation with the
following code:

      wid = create "wmbarb_example" xWorkstationClass defaultapp
        "wkPause" : True
      end create

and then subsequently calls the FORTRAN subroutine. WNSTNM is called, and
returns the following errors:

warning:GKS:GPL: --GKS NOT IN PROPER STATE: GKS SHALL BE EITHER IN THE
STATE WSAC OR IN THE STATE SGOP
warning:GKS:GPL: --GKS NOT IN PROPER STATE: GKS SHALL BE EITHER IN THE
STATE WSAC OR IN THE STATE SGOP
warning:GKS:GPL: --GKS NOT IN PROPER STATE: GKS SHALL BE EITHER IN THE
STATE WSAC OR IN THE STATE SGOP

...etc...

It seems I'm on the right track, but I don't know how to put GKS in the
"proper state." Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Eric

Eric M. Kemp E-Mail: ekemp AT ou.edu
Research Scientist Phone: (405) 325-7992
Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms FAX: (405) 325-7614
The University of Oklahoma http://caps.ou.edu/~ekemp