Re: question about large arrays - plotting error

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 13:14:22 MDT

    > I am currently engaged in creating a rather large simulation, the
    > dimensions of the grid are 551x551x61.
    >
    > When I try and create a plot, I get the following message:
    >
    > fatal:ContourPlotDraw: Workspace reallocation would exceed maximum size
    > 16777216
    > fatal:ContourPlotDraw: draw error
    > fatal:ContourPlotDraw: draw error
    > fatal:PlotManagerDraw: error in plot draw
    > fatal:_NhlPlotManagerDraw: Draw error
    >

    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Lou Wicker

    Hi Lou,

    You need to increase your workspace size, so try adding the following
    lines to your script, right after you open a workstation:

      setvalues NhlGetWorkspaceObjectId()
        "wsMaximumSize" : 33554432
      end setvalues

    Another point to note, and this is from a previous posting from
    Dennis Shea:

       Depending on your contour interval, this may not do it. Also if
       the workspace is blowing up it's likely that this plot will take
       a LONG time to create.

       Switching to raster contouring mode will fix all this.

    To switch to raster contouring, set the resource "cnRasterModeOn" to
    True.