map projection labels

From: Hauss Reinbold (reinbold AT XXXXXX)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 21:39:32 MDT

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to display some contour data over a Mercator projection map.
I'm using gsn_csm_contour_map to do it. Everything looks fine except I
can't get the lat/lon labels to do what I want them to. I'm using
pmTickMarkDisplayMode = "Always" to get the tickmarks there in the first
place, which seems to be the only way of doing it using the gsn stuff.
My Lat goes from 30 to 50 deg and on the map the ticks go
30,34,38,42,44,46,48,50. I'd like them all to be the same interval.
Also, I can't get minor tick marks to display. The page on the MapPlot
class isn't clear (to me) as to what MapPlot will and will not let you
control tick mark wise. Is there anyway I can control my tick marks on a
Mercator projection or am I living in Fantasy Land? Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Hauss Reinbold