using shared objects on HP

From: ENOMOTO Takeshi (enomoto.takeshi AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 04:30:58 MDT

    Hello,

    Does anyone have successfully used shared objects with ncl on HP
    800/9000?

    In fact I am working on the frontend of the Earth Simulator, which is HP.
    I heard that a group of scientists at NCAR will visit ES.
    A better support for newer HP's could benefit them if they would like to
    use NCL.

    Large file issue:
    I tried to fill an array smaller than 2GB (29.5MB) with fbindirread()
    from a 22GB file.
    The record number is small and fits in 4 bytes.
    As a workaround I created a simple Fortran program that open the huge
    file,
    read data, and save it to a temporary file.
    By reading from that file, I can read data into a ncl script.

    I encountered the shared object problem when I was rewriting it
    from a command line tool to a procedure in a shared object.

    -----
    ENOMOTO, Takeshi, Dr
    enomoto.takeshi AT nasda.go.jp
    Frontier Research System for Global Change