Splitting a string into two pieces

From: Scott Snodgrass (snodgras AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 14:22:00 MDT

Hello

   I was wondering if any one out there knows if there is a NCL function
or procedure that will split a string into two pieces. For some reason I
remember coming across one, but I can't remember what it is and I can't
seem to find any mention of one in the online documentation.
   Basically what I am trying to do is take a string that I read in from
an ascii file which is of the form

    "xxxxx yyyyy"

and split it on the spaces so I can use the "yyyyy" part in a title for
a plot. Thanks.

             Scott