Re: gsnPanelFigureStrings font height

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 09:19:14 MST

    > Hi,
    >
    > How does one control the font height of gsnPanelFigureStrings?
    >
    > Thanks for the help on my last question by the way.
    >
    > Keith

    There is currently no way to change the font height. Depending on the
    type of plots you are drawing, the font height is either based on the
    font height of the contour information label, the vector reference
    annotation label, or the X axis label.

    I will put this on our enhancement request list.

    Meanwhile, you can add your own labels using the "gsn_add_text"
    function, and this way you can control the font heights, *and* the
    fonts will be scaled accordingly when you panel the plots.

    For example, if you wanted to panel three plots, each with their
    own labels, you might do something like this:

       plot = new(3, graphic)

       res = True
       res@gsnDraw = False
       res@gsnFrame = False
       plot(0) = gsn_csm_xxxx(wks,...,res)
       plot(1) = gsn_csm_xxxx(wks,...,res)
       plot(2) = gsn_csm_xxxx(wks,...,res)

       txres = True
       txres@txFontHeightF = 0.01
       dum0 = gsn_add_text(wks,plot(0),"string0",x,y,txres)
       dum1 = gsn_add_text(wks,plot(1),"string1",x,y,txres)
       dum2 = gsn_add_text(wks,plot(2),"string2",x,y,txres)

       gsn_panel(wks,plot,(/3,1/),pnlres)

    Documentation and an example can be found at:

        http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ngdoc/ng/ug/ncl/gsun/appendixa.html#gsn_add_text