new version of NCL

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 09:17:34 MST

Dear NCL users,

I'm pleased to announce a new minor release of NCL (4.2.0.a027) that
fixes a memory bug I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. This memory bug
would cause a core dump or an unexpected "variable not defined" error
message if you had large scripts, big do loops, or were creating a lot
of new and/or big variables. Some new functions have been added to
this version as well.

For more details and documentation about what's new in 4.2.0.a027, go
to:

   http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/whatsnew.html

To download this new version, go to:

   http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/download.html

I'm still in the process of creating binaries for this new version,
but I currently have binaries for Solaris, IRIX, AIX, and RedHat
Linux.

Send me email if you have any questions or problems with this new
version.

Happy holidays,

Mary Haley
haley AT ucar.edu