Re: (no subject)

From: Sylvia Murphy (murphys AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 12:01:24 MDT

    Fu,

    when you get these sorts of errors, it usually means you have not properly
    set up your $NCARG_ROOT

    remember that this variable needs to be set to the location of the ncl
    binaries, and then $NCARG_ROOT/bin must be in yoru path.

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Fu Chi-Bao wrote:

    > Dear Sir;
    >
    > I am the new one in NCL, I try to run ncl in linux redhat8.0. That I
    > download your "ncl-4.2.0.a028.LINUX6.2_PC.tar.gz" tar file, and
    > un-tar the file. Follow your instruction to set all the envirment.But I
    > got some error message wen I type "ncl".
    >
    > The error message is
    > "warning:WorkstationClassInitialize:Unable to access rgb color database - named colors unsupported:[errno=2]:No such file or directory".
    >

    > Can I get help from you, sir.
    > Thank you very much.
    >

    > Best Regards
    >

    > Paul C.-B. Fu 2003/04/29

    Sylvia Murphy EML: murphys AT ucar.edu
    NCAR CGD/CAS PHN: 303-497-1720
    3080 Center Green Drive FAX: 303-497-1333
    Boulder CO 80301

    WEB: http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/
         http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/