Re: tick-marks for native projection

From: Heiko Klein (heiko.klein AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 02:39:48 MDT

Hi Sylvia,

thanks for your hint. I got your example working (after setting
gsn_csm_map_ce(wks, res) ).

Trying to get it working with gsn_csm_contour_map failed. It seems to
conflict with 'pmTickMarkDisplayMode'. Setting it to 'noCreate' or
'Never' will not plot any ticks, setting it to 'Conditional' or 'Always'
gives the warning:

warning:MapPlotSetValues: tm[XB|XT|YL|YR]Mode resources are not
currently enabled for MapPlot tick marks
warning:tmYLValues is not a valid resource in map at this time
warning:tmYLLabels is not a valid resource in map at this time
warning:tmXBValues is not a valid resource in map at this time
warning:tmXBLabels is not a valid resource in map at this time

Best regards,

Heiko

Sylvia Murphy wrote:
> heiko,
>
> you can do this, but you need to do it explicitly.
> ;================================================;
> ; mptick_6.ncl
> ;================================================;
> ; ================================================;
> begin
> wks = gsn_open_wks("ps","mptick") ; open a ps file
>
> res = True
> res@tmXBMode = "Explicit"
> res@tmXBValues = (/-180, -90, 0, 90, 180/)
> res@tmXBLabels = (/"180","90W","EQ","90E","180"/)
> plot = gsn_csm_map_ce(wks,False) ; draw global map
> end
>

> in this case we tried changing the 0 label to "EQ", but in your case
> you can put in grid cell numbers. It requires that you
> know the lat/lon "Value" of each of the grid cell numbers that
> you want.
>
> sm

> Sylvia Murphy EML: murphys AT ucar.edu
> NCAR CGD/CAS PHN: 303-497-1720
> 3080 Center Green Drive FAX: 303-497-1333
> Boulder CO 80301
>

> WEB: http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/
> http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/

Dr. Heiko Klein                              Tel. + 47 22 96 33 44
Air pollution Section/Research Department    Fax. + 47 22 69 63 55
Norwegian Meteorological Institute           http://www.met.no
P.O. Box 43 Blindern  0313 Oslo NORWAY       http://www.emep.int