Re: panel compression

From: Adam Phillips (asphilli AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 16:24:45 MDT

Hauss,

I don't think the problem is being caused by you using vpHeightF or vpWidthF.
If one of your nine plots has a top X-axis, then I think gsn_panel leaves space
for the top x-axis on the other eight plots. I have run into this issue when I
want to use tiMainString on the top plot of my panel, but not on the others. The
only way to get around it that I know of is to just use gsn_text_ndc to add the
text manually to the panel plot before you advance the frame:

map(0) =gsn_csm_xy(wks,tsarr&time,tsarr(0,:),pres)
map(9) =gsn_csm_xy(wks,tsarr&time,tsarr(8,:),pres)

yres = True
yres@gsnPanelYWhiteSpacePercent = 0.0
yres@gsnFrame = False

gsn_panel(wks,(/9,1/),map,yres)
xres = True
xres@txFontHeightF = 0.0145
gsn_text_ndc(wks,"Top X-axis",.5,.935,xres)
gsn_text_ndc(wks,"Bottom X-axis",.5,.035,xres)
drawNDCGrid(wks) ;contributed fxn that can draws NDC grid to help place text.
frame(wks)
end

Hope that helps,
Adam