Re: Hybrid of Pressure to Isentropic Coordinates

From: murphys AT XXXXXX
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 14:28:02 MDT

    we have examples of converting the hybrid model to pressure
    coordinates at:

    I am not sure what isentropic coordinates are, and we
    certainly don't have an example of converting hybrid coordinates
    to them. If this means an iso level surface, I have a CMPS
    operator that will extract one, but you would probably want
    to convert to pressure first before useing.

    Sylvia Murphy
    Climate and Global Dynamics Division

    > Hi All,
    > I'm new to NCL, and I'm trying to convert model (cam2) data I have from
    > hybrid-sigma or pressure coordinates to isentropic coordinates. I looked
    > through the NCLtalk archive and didn't find any entries on this subject.
    > I was hoping someone has done this and could help me out.
    > - Walter

    ncl-talk mailing list
    ncl-talk AT