Re: How to generate Taylor diagrams ?

From: Dennis Shea (shea AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 15:00:52 MDT

>is there a routine to generate Taylor diagrams?
>I have the output from two models and I think to use
>Taylor Diagrams.
>
>Ok, I read the PCMDI Report N0.55 and I understand the
>theory but practically ... it seems I am not sure
>where to start.
>
>Any suggestion would be helpful.
--------
A script to generate the *basic* Taylor diagram is at:

    (1) http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/
    (2) Click on Graphics
    (3) Click "Taylor Diagrams"

Note: no arrows (vectors) are drawn.
--------

The following reference may have other info:

Generate Multiple Aspects of Model Performance in a Single Diagram
   Taylor, K. E., J. Geophys. Res., 106, D7, 7183-7192, 2001

Please note Karl Taylor himself says that the diagram is
not really useful unless you have the observational component.

---

The taylor plot function used above only plots the points given by the user. It does not do the calculations.

Regards Dennis Shea