controlling High/Low labels

From: David B. Reusch (dbr AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 12:33:46 MDT

I've just stumbled across the High/Low labels feature
of the contouring resources (great stuff!) but have
an unanswered question: is it possible to limit the
number of High/Low labels to just one per plot? I'd
be quite happy to only have one 'H' and one 'L' in
each plot and have ncl ignore the other relative

The labeling feature works fine most of the time, at
least for my data, but I have lots of examples where
a bit more control over how many labels appear would
be a really nice feature.

we're running version 4.2.0.a030 on Unix.

Department of Geosciences | Reality is merely an illusion,
517 Deike Building | albeit a very persistent one.
Penn State University | -- Albert Einstein
University Park, PA 16802 |
ncl-talk mailing list
ncl-talk AT