Re: controlling High/Low labels

From: Sylvia Murphy (murphys AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 16:57:24 MDT

    Hi Dave,

    at present there is no way to do this. there is no resource that says plot
    only one label. how would you choose out of an array of locations which
    one the user wanted. It might be the highest high or the lowest high etc.

    sm

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, David B. Reusch wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I've just stumbled across the High/Low labels feature
    > of the contouring resources (great stuff!) but have
    > an unanswered question: is it possible to limit the
    > number of High/Low labels to just one per plot? I'd
    > be quite happy to only have one 'H' and one 'L' in
    > each plot and have ncl ignore the other relative
    > maxima/minima.
    >
    > The labeling feature works fine most of the time, at
    > least for my data, but I have lots of examples where
    > a bit more control over how many labels appear would
    > be a really nice feature.
    >
    > we're running version 4.2.0.a030 on Unix.
    >
    > thanks,
    > dave

    Sylvia Murphy EML: murphys AT ucar.edu
    NCAR CGD/CAS PHN: 303-497-1720
    3080 Center Green Drive FAX: 303-497-1333
    Boulder CO 80301

    WEB: http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/
         http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/