Re: 2-d version of triple2grid?

From: Sylvia Murphy (murphys AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 09:08:30 MST

    maurice,
    i have been on travel and don't know if anyone has answered this. At
    present NCL does not contain any interpolation functions that can handle
    2D lat/lon coordinates. This is a pressing issue that will be discussed
    this week at our next meeting.

    sm

    On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Maurice McHugh wrote:

    > Hi-
    >
    > I have several high resolution (0.5lat X 0.5 lon) gridded datasets
    > containing about 100 years of monthly mean data which had their oceanic
    > locations removed, only retaining the actual grids with data.
    >
    > I tried to reformat the data to it's original grid in order to include
    > oceanic locations using triple2grid on a month-by month basis and then
    > writing to a netCDF file, but it's *extremely* slow. Is there any 2-d
    > version of triple2grid, that could be used to quickly create a lat, lon,
    > time array from my original location, time array?
    >
    > Thanks
    > --
    > Maurice J. McHugh, Ph.D.
    >
    > Assistant Professor
    > Department of Geography and Anthropology
    > 227 Howe Russell Geoscience Complex
    > Louisiana State University Phone: (225)578-0476
    > Baton Rouge, LA Fax: (225)578-4420
    > USA

    Sylvia Murphy EML: murphys AT ucar.edu
    NCAR CGD/CAS PHN: 303-497-1720
    3080 Center Green Drive FAX: 303-497-1333
    Boulder CO 80301

    WEB: http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/
         http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/