2 NCL Qs

From: Maurice McHugh (mmchug4 AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 08:35:39 MST

Hi all-

1. I seem to recall that new dash patterns could be specified for
contour lines in NCAR graphics. How can one do so in NCL??? There is a
function for doing this for lines in xy-plots but not for contour plots.

2. Is there any way of retrieving the name of a script from within the
same script so that the filename can be plotted on maps using DJS's time
stamp function? I'm able to do so from the c-shell, using history but
not from within NCL itself.

Many Thanks

--
Maurice J. McHugh, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor Department of Geography and Anthropology 227 Howe Russell Geoscience Complex Louisiana State University Phone: (225)578-0476 Baton Rouge, LA Fax: (225)578-4420 USA