Re: Python and NCL

From: Jeff Whitaker (jswhit AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 05:29:12 MST

Eric: In addition to the direct python interface under development at
NCAR, I've writtten a module lets you embed NCL scripts inside your python
code. The transfer of data to NCL is handled transparently through the
use of cdms transient variables. You can find the code at
http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/~jsw/python/pyncl.html.

-Jeff

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Kemp, Eric M. wrote:

> NCLer's:
>
> Some time ago I remember reading about an effort to extend the Python
> scripting language to include NCL and/or NCAR Graphics, with the NCL/NG
> libraries added to Python via SWIG. Is this work still ongoing, and if so,
> has it had much success?
>
> Curious,
>
> Eric Kemp
> Northrop Grumman IT TASC

Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone : (303)497-6313
NOAA/OAR/CDC  R/CDC1        FAX   : (303)497-6449
325 Broadway                Web   : http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/~jsw
Boulder, CO, USA 80305-3328 Office: Skaggs Research Cntr 1D-124