CMPS iso utility

From: Guido Vettoretti (guido AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 16:05:12 MST

Hello All,

I'm having trouble getting the CMPS iso utility to work:
http://www.ccsm.ucar.edu/csm/support/FH/CMPS/iso.shtml

I tried compiling a shared object with WRAPIT and when I ran the
iso.scp, iso.ncl etc I get the following error:

warning:An error occurred loading the external file ./iso_ocn.so, file
not loaded
./iso_ocn.so: undefined symbol: iso_ocean_
fatal:syntax error: line 107 in file iso_test.ncl before or near :
          ISO:
-------------^

I tried creating a simple fortran test file with WRAPIT and it works in
a simple NCL script.

Using the unix command 'nm' for listing object files:
.
.
00000ab7 T Init
00000790 T _init
                U iso_ocean__
00000c2c T iso_ocean___
000008a4 T iso_ocean__W
000025c8 d __JCR_END__
000025c8 d __JCR_LIST__
.
.
The capital U means undefined symbol.

Anyhow, it appears to be an extra _ character added to the entry point
of the iso_ocean subroutine, something that is familiar to people who
mix fortran and C subroutines.

Help!
Thanks,
Guido.