Re: coordinate subscripting

From: Sylvia Murphy (murphys AT cgd.ucar.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 09:02:55 MST

M,

you certainly can use coordinate subscripting. This method is dependent
upon what your coordinates look like. if your coordinates go from -180 to
+180 then you need to use those values while coordinate subscripting. if,
as in your case, they go from 0 to 360 you need to use those values.

for example

y = x({-20:20},{270:360})

in your case you need to mentally convert the region you want into
360-mode and then subscript.

sylvia

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Marjolaine Rouault wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am reading some data which longitude is not "ordered" in the usual way.
>
> Longitude points from 0 east to 180 east have a longitude which increases from 0 to 180.
> Longitude points from 180 west to 0 west have a longitude value which increases from 181 to 360.
>
> I am trying to extract a domain between 40West and 20 East.Is it possible to do it with coordinate subscripting? What would you suggest is the best way to extract my domain?
>
> Many thanks, Marjolaine.

Sylvia Murphy EML: murphys AT ucar.edu
NCAR CGD/CSEG PHN: 303-497-1720
1850 Table Mesa Drive FAX: 303-497-1333