Turn off latitude labels with polar stereographic plot

From: Bob Tomas (tomas AT cgd.ucar.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 14:47:53 MDT

Hi,

I have a panel plot with many individual diagrams on it and I want to
maximize the space occupied by the individual diagrams. So I tried
turning off the latitude labels hoping that the diagrams would grow
to fill the newly available white space. But this didn't happen.
I was able to turn the labels off but the individual plots remained
the same size. This is what I did to turn the labels off:

         res@gsnPolarLabelFontHeightF = 0.
         res@gsnPolarLabelDistance = 0.

Does anyone have suggestion regarding how I might get the diagrams to
increase in size and occupy the space that the longitude labels were in?

Bob