Problems with plotting data on maps

From: Kemp, Eric M. (eric.kemp AT ngc.com)
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 06:06:56 MDT

    Dear ncl-talk:

    I am having some serious problems plotting gridded data on a map with
    PyNGL. It appears that the module assumes that gridded data is
    projected around the prime meridian, and does not allow changes to this
    projection even if the user changes the settings for the map. I am
    seeing this problem both with my own applications and with the example
    scripts that come with PyNGL. I have attached a sample postscript file
    showing the third plot from the fifth "Getting started with PyNGL"
    script. This is run on a Xeon Pentium maching running RedHat Linux.

    Any ideas?

    Eric Kemp
    Northrop Grumman IT TASC
     <<ngl05p_page_3.ps>>