Re: ncvarget

From: Kate Hedstrom (kate AT arsc.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 12:23:05 MDT

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 11:20:58AM -0600, James Adler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had another unrelated question. I wrote a script that
> inputs a large netcdf file. When I try to call one of the
> variables from the file, I get the following error:
>
> ncvarget: Error in getting the data: Invalid argument
>
> The variable is a 241 x 20 x 7350 double array.
>
> When I try to get only part of this variable it seems to
> be ok. Is it that it is too large?

What system are you on and are you running a 64-bit NCL? You could be
having problems with something being larger than 2 GB, the 32-bit
limit. Is the file you're reading larger than 2 GB? That array
shouldn't be.

Kate

--
Kate Hedström       Arctic Region Supercomputing Center
kate@arsc.edu       University of Alaska, Fairbanks