Problem with bar plots

From: Andrea Hahmann (hahmann AT ucar.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 12:00:06 MDT

Hi!

I have a bit of a problem with a "bar plot". I am trying to compare model
biases between two sets of model simulations, with two different colors,
in bar plot. What I have done is to combine the biases together (model1,
model2, model1, model2, and so on) to form a single vector and then plot
it using "gsn_csm_xy" with "gsnXYBarChart=True".

On the first example (top panel) the boxes are purple, green, purple, etc.
as they should be. In the second case, since one of the values is 0. the
order of the colors is messed up.

Attached are the ncl script and gif image.

Any help will be appreciated!
Andrea

Andrea N. Hahmann, Ph.D.
Research Applications Laboratory
Natl. Center for Atmospheric Research Phone: 1-303-497-8383
PO BOX 3000 Fax: 1-303-497-8401
Boulder, CO 80301 hahmann@ucar.edu