Re: divergent wind with missing value

From: Takeshi Enomoto (eno AT jamstec.go.jp)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 03:38:13 MDT

    Hi Jerry

    dv2uvf calculates div wind by spherical transform.
    Thus missing values are not allowed.

    <http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/dv2uvf.shtml>

    If you have model sigma (or eta) levels,
    you could extrapolate values under the surface.

    <http://www.ecmwf.int/research/ifsdocs/CY25r1/Technical/Technical-3
    -05.html>

    There are NCL functions to do vertical interpolation.
    However I use Fortran for this purpose to gain performance and I/O
    flexibility.
    <http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/vinth2p.shtml>
    <http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/
    vinth2p_ecmwf.shtml>

    I am not familiar with horizontal interpolation algorithms.
    Someone else could help you with this.

    Takeshi