Re: External Fortran Subroutines on SGI Altix running Linux

From: Mary Haley (haley AT ucar.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 16:43:44 MDT

Hi Hauss,

Kate has probably hit the nail on the head here. The NCL you have is
probably a 64-bit version, and if your compiler by default compiles in
32-bit mode, then this will be the problem.

You can use the "-d" option with WRAPIT to get a little more
output on what compiler and compiler options are being used
to create the *.so file. From this, you might be able to
determine if it's a 64-bit versus 32-bit problem.

Feel free to email me personally if you want some help looking
into this further.

Mary Haley haley@ucar.edu
NCAR/SCD/VETS 303-497-1254 (voice)
1850 Table Mesa Dr 303-497-1239 (fax)