Re: cmyk warning -- revised

From: Mary Haley (haley AT ucar.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 17:11:17 MDT

    We've been in discussion with Joel directly on this, but I wanted to
    let everybody else know that what this warning message means (if they
    care about the gory details).

    It means you are trying to set a resource after an object has been
    created rather when when an object is created. Only a small subset of
    resources have this kind of restriction, and "wkColorModel" is one of
    them.

    Joel is not doing this directly; rather, this is the gsn_open_wks
    function that is doing this behind the scenes. It's just a bug in
    which gsn_open_wks is trying to set this resource again after the
    workstation object has been created even though the resource was set
    when the workstation was created.

    This bug was fixed about a month ago, and will be released in the next
    version of NCL. If you want to fix it yourself, edit the file
    gsn_code.ncl and change the line:

              varatts(i).ne."wkHeight") then

    to:

              varatts(i).ne."wkHeight".and.varatts(i).ne."wkColorModel") then

    --Mary